2nd November Saturday - Chiselborough Autumn Market - Lots to buy!
Hiring the Hall:
The Hall is available for hire at competitive rates
History of the Village Hall:
The present hall was built as a school in 1870 by the 5th Earl of Ilchester, When the school closed, the building reverted to the Ilchester family and Lord Stavordale, grandson of the 5th Earl donated it to the Parish of Chiselborough.
After conversion the deeds were handed over to the chair of the committee, Mr E B Holloway. At the time the hall was described as “in addition to the main high-ceiling hall there is a well-appointed kitchen complete with electrical equipment. The whole of the building is electrically heated. There are dressing rooms for men and women”
The Village Hall is now run under a conveyance dated October 2nd 1978 with, according to the charity commission website, the following objects:
“ VILLAGE HALL FOR THE USE OF THE INHABITANTS WITHOUT DISTINCTION OF POLITICAL, RELIGIOUS OF OTHER OPINIONS, INCLUDING USE FOR MEETINGS, LECTURES AND CLASSES, AND FOR OTHER FORMS OF RECREATION AND LEISURE-TIME OCCUPATION WITH THE OBJECT OF IMPROVING THE CONDITIONS OF LIFE FOR THE SAID INHABITANTS”
The hall continues to be run by a committee and is available for hire through either Eddie Venn or Tony Perry. Anyone wishing to hire the hall must do so through someone living in the village and they must be prepared to take responsibility for it.
Many improvements have been made since 1978 such as an updated kitchen, disabled facilities and a loop hearing system. It is also equipped with a stage and stage lighting thanks to the Small Lotteries awards
It is an excellent and much used facility for the people of Chiselborough. It is used on a regular basis for village activities, by the local Art Groups and many other organisations.